8.3 PTR Pet Updates: 21 Nov. 19
It’s been quite a turbulent week for pet battlers, as news from Kaivax, Community Manager on the forums, told us there were going to be some big changes coming for us
! Though it’s debatable on whether players are seeing these changes as good, or not, it was encouraging to see some attention being paid to the pet battle system. In a continuation of this, the new PTR build that went live today brought:
- A look at the new charity pet
- Changes to the BRD pet dungeon
New Charity Pet!
- What looks to be the finalization of pet ability sets
It’s the moment many of us have been waiting for, ever since seeing her large and in-charge at Blizzcon: Dottie!
Don’t be fooled by Dottie’s soft coat and big eyes, her tiny, sharp teeth are for more than just munching on grass.
We should be seeing her released some time in December--just in time for the holiday season. So, treat yourself, and/or a fellow pet battler, to this adorable baby alpaca!
Blackrock Depths Pet Dungeon Changes
The changes to the dungeon are being tracked on the main article here
. All the tamer fights have seen at least one stat change to each of their pets, while the single pet fights have seen a reduction in enemy HP.
This should enable strategy creators to make more stable, and less RNG-dependent strategies.
If you include Dottie, we’re looking at 33 new pets in patch 8.3 as of this build. All the pets seem to have their abilities and sources in order, and a few of the stragglers have had their abilities fleshed out, like Anomalus, C’Thuffer, & Reek.
If you’ve missed the other articles, here’s where the pets will drop from, and what they look like:
- Anomalus – Drops from either Alleria's or Thrall’s Corrupted Chest
- C’Thuffer – Rexxar’s Corrupted Chest
- Void-Scarred Hare – Umbric’s Corrupted Chest
- Void-Scarred Pup – Thrall’s Corrupted Chest
- Void-Scarred Toad – Zekhan’s Corrupted Chest
- Void-Scarred Cat – Alleria’s Corrupted Chest
Vision of the Twisting Sands Creatures
- Void-Scarred Rat – Kelsey’s Corrupted Chest
This seems to be a drop from various creatures found in the Visions.
- Aqir Tunneler -- Drop: Skikx’traz (Say that one five times fast)
- Cursed Dune Watcher -- Drop: Uldum Accord Supplies. This pet is a drop from the paragon chest for the Uldum Accord faction.
- Rotbreath – Lord Aj’qirai
- Wicked Lurker – Amalgamation of Flesh
- Pygmy Camel -- Provisioner Qorra
This pet costs 300 Polished Pet Charms, and requires Revered reputation with the Uldum Accord
Zone: Vale of Eternal Blossoms
- Corrupted Tentacle -- Drop: Will of N’Zoth
- Jade Defender -- Rajani Supplies. This pet is a drop from the paragon chest for the Rajani faction.
- K’uddly -- Drop: The Forgotten
- Windfeather Chick – Zhang Ku
This pet costs 300 Polished Pet Charms, and requires Exalted reputation with the Rajani.
Corrupted Uldum or Vale of Eternal Blossoms. Unsure at the moment if this will come from the fishing pools, or any body of water within a corrupted zone.
There is a meta achievement called, ‘Reeking of Visions,’ that the pet, Reek, is a reward for.
Reeking of Visions is the meta achievement:
And these are the two achievements you need to complete it:
Ny’alotha, the Waking City
- Aqir Hivespawn -- Drop: Tek’ris
- Eye of Corruption -- Drop: N’Zoth the Corruptor
- Ra’kim -- Drop: Tek’ris along with the Aqir Hivespawn
Blackrock Depths – New Pet Dungeon Pets
- Void-Scarred Anubisath – Drop: Ra-den the Despoiled
All the pets below will come from the vendor Burt Macklyn, who uses Shadowy Gems as currency.
- Experiment 13 -- Cost: 3 Shadowy Gems
- Tiny Claw -- Cost: 2 Shadowy Gems
- Wailing Lasher -- Cost: 1 Shadowy Gem
These are the new abilities we’ll be seeing in 8.3, so far:
New Pet Toy!
We’ve also seen a new pet toy show up as purchasable for our toybox.
Pet-wise, things seem to have found their even keel, at least for the time being.
Are there any pets and/or abilities you’re looking forward to trying out in 8.3?
Well, that’s everything for now, so until next time: Happy Battling!